Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Hair!!!

So, I met with my oncologist this week, he told me how great my PET looked (thankful) and just like the nurse had mentioned- said he rarely ever sees the word REMARKABLE on a scan. So, that is good news.

Then he gave me a slip to give to the front desk- I'm scheduled to see him again in OCTOBER. It's kind of freaky. I've been going through this since January, then I'm kicked out into the real world. I didn't expect a big goodbye party from my medical team or anything- but geez!

I still have almost three weeks of radiation- but that will end soon. I'm preparing myself for no appointments, no doctors- until October and it's a very emotional, helpless feeling that you'll be doing NOTHING to keep the cancer away like you were before. I just have to trust that it's gone... and I'm fine with that.

This is a very ugly picture of me- playing with Noah two months ago:

Photobucket

This is my hair now:
Photobucket

It's coming back full force! I have to say, several other survivors at the center comment on it every day when I'm there for radiation. "Hi, you don't really know me...but when did your hair start growing back? I still wear scarves and have no eyebrows... how long did THAT take??" Well, I feel fortunate- I've always had a ton of hair and I'm glad it's dark again and...while it looks ridiculous... it covers my head now!

So, baby steps. Radiation tomorrow as usual at 8am. Did I mention the horrible, horrible storms in St. Louis BLEW OUT my radiation equipment so for the last two days I've been scheduled and rescheduled again for treatment? It was pretty nuts. But now I'm onto my 8am every day schedule and all is well. Die cancer cells... die!

2 comments:

  1. I'm just so excited for you I don't have the words!! I want to shout it from the mountain top "Woop woop!!" Love ya, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for HAIR! :-D when my girlfriend went through chemo, her previously stick straight hair grew back in ringlets!

    ReplyDelete