Monday, August 2, 2010

Rads

Radiation is going well- 8 down so 9 more to go! This weekend my throat really started hurting and unfortunately it is difficult to eat.

Apparently after radiation on Mondays I'll be meeting with the radiation oncologist. We hit the pool this weekend, I got some sun and the woman totally flipped out on me today. She confirmed that I shouldn't be more susceptible to skin cancer now but kept screaming "Why would you want to risk melanoma???" over and over. I told a friend...it felt like I'd been sent to the principals office!

So, from now on I guess I'll up my sunscreen applications. I see her point...but goodness. She gave me a prescription for a benadryl/nystatin/acid remover concoction that I syringe down my throat every two hours. It's similar to the nasty stuff I had to take for all the mouth sores- but at least I'm bypassing my tongue. The throat pain will last through radiation and probably just a few weeks after.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. i'm so glad it's almost over for you!!! thanks so much for the sweet birthday wishes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well a little sun exposure is good for everyone at some point...you can't live indoors your whole life--at least they are concerned about you--See ya Friday Night

    ReplyDelete