Thursday, July 1, 2010

Bonsai!!!

I have to say, the last six months I have received some pretty unique gifts. I've been given extracts and yummy potions to boost immunity, cakes, cookies, clothes, jewelry and gift cards. But today's gift scares me a little.. in a good way.

It's a Juniper Bonsai. I feel like I stepped right into the (original) Karate Kid movie.

Photobucket

How cute is that? Here's the thing. My thumb is so white it glows in the dark.

The directions tell me I need to work on insect control, (mites) fertilizing, pruning and root pruning. I don't know what half those words mean. "A fundamental principle in developing dwarf trees is that the tree branches should be pruned to conform with the limited space available for root growth." I pray I don't kill this thing.

Thank you Charlotte for the adorable tree. I'm going to hone a new skill. And beg my 12 year old agriculturally gifted step daughter to teach me everything she knows.

Speaking of pre-teen girls, I caved and saw Eclipse last night. If you've lived under a rock until now, that's the third movie in the Twilight vampire series. I saw multiple 50 year old women in bedazzled TEAM JACOB and TEAM EDWARD shirts and it wasn't even opening night. Key word- bedazzled. A few of them lit up! Grown adults were bringing in homemade popcorn containers encrusted with I WANT TO BE A CULLEN. And did you hear about the woman that totaled her car two nights ago- claiming she saw a vampire in the middle of the road?? Craziness.

Here's my question- what's so great about Bella and why do all these so-called hot guys want to be with her so badly? I've only seen her pout, sulk and whine habitually. Is that a snapshot of today's youth because I don't see my teenage niece and nephews behaving that way! At least not habitually :)

Why is her father letting her date a (also pouty and sulky) boy that SPARKLES in direct sunlight, and another boy that doesn't own a shirt? My dad would have been on the porch with a gun if I had pulled up with either of them. I must be getting old.

2 comments:

  1. I thought it was cute & different also...& I knew the kids could help with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new setup of the blog and come on - is that Jacob not a little hunk? I know I'm too old, but I can still dream can't I.... lol!C-Mama

    ReplyDelete