Saturday, June 5, 2010

Yay for (pleasant) surprises!

The doorbell rang this week and this was at the door from Baskets.com:

Photobucket

The card read:

Inspired by your last blog post. It's not exactly a fancy cake, but I hope it can still sit in the fridge and brighten your day(s) a bit! Love, Kathryn

When I opened the package I found tons and tons of smiley face cookies. Noah learned the word CAKE when I bought the "Kiss it cancer" cake and now he has officially learned the word COOKIE.

This is the half eaten box. How cute are these cookies?

Photobucket

It was hot enough today that we finally put the pool up that I bought at Costco. A good friend of mine (an hour away) was so interested in this pool that I got her one and she drove all this way to pick it up. Bottom line- it's a pretty kick butt pool.

Slide in the middle, bench and cup holders in the back, fun sprayers for the kids in the front.

Photobucket

The girls and I were determined to set this up today... then we realized all we had on hand was a bike air pump. It took us THREE HOURS to inflate this pool. The girls learned a lot about work ethic today.

Finally... a sun spent tired baby at the end of the day with sissy singing Twinkle Twinkle

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Those look yummy--How cool was that! Always and thinking and praying every day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a lovely day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that....you are an awesome mother. Thanks for all the updates. We miss you. -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy
    I loved the latest posting. Through all of this when I am trying to show you encouragement you never cease to amaze me with your strength and courage. You remind each and everyone of us to cherish the simple things in life...a smile a babys hug , so many other things. Though it has not been a easy road your attitude will kick this . I have laughed and I have cried with you as I follow your blog . And thru it all I still see ur sense of humor and sunny depostiton I have always seen in you..As always my thoughts and prayers are with you...You are a role model to us all.......love ya girl deb

    ReplyDelete