Thursday, June 3, 2010

Treatment canceled again!!!

This is getting old.

I showed up drugged up and ready for chemo today. With all my nausea during treatment lately they have me taking multiple nausea meds and Ativan to try and rest (rather konk out) during treatment. It was barely safe for me to drive there today.

The nurses didn't like the sound of my cough. I held myself back from saying "No crap... I'm gasping for air and I've had it over 3 weeks now."

They called my doctor at another hospital and he wants more testing done on my lungs.

I kept my cool but was screaming inside "DIDNT WE DO THIS LAST WEEK? HOW MANY MORE TESTS CAN THERE BE, AND WHY WEREN'T THEY RUN A WEEK AGO?"

But, it's ok. I've lost another week and am just trying to get FINISHED with chemo.

So, tomorrow will be spent at the hospital having more lung work done. I think I blow into stuff this time. I'm certainly glad they're taking another look; I just wish this comprehensive testing had been done last week so I could have gotten treatment done today.

I'm TWO away and dying to mark an end date on the calendar. I thought that would be in June but it keeps getting pushed out. Deep breath- it will be fine. Cake.... here I come.

1 comment:

  1. God bless Cathy and God bless cake and Noah and the girls and your hubby!!! Love ya bunches and thinking about you and all you are going through. I hope you will turn this into memoires someday... you can add other more happy excepts from your life and adventures!! ;).
    Love,
    Cara

    ReplyDelete