Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Good friends!

It's taking me a little longer to recover from treatments now. Several of you have contacted me and I appreciate it! This Thursday will be #6. I'm feeling good today so here goes!

Our good friends Eric and Melanie offered us completely free passes to Six Flags so we completely took them up on it. It was a nice day away from everything and we had a great time.

All the kids
Photobucket

When we were sixteen I took an unexpected...sharp...corner too fast (by Wildwood for those of you in Steelville) in my parent's Explorer and thought the thing would flip. It must have rained that day because there were puddles everywhere...the tires hit it just right... and water came rushing into our open windows and drenched us. Eric laughed so hard that I can STILL see his face and hear that cackle. It was scary, but great. (Thank goodness my mom does not have internet access. Sorry mom. I was a safe driver the rest of the time I swear. )

Has anyone else thought "Thank goodness there was no facebook in my day?" I have. Shew....

Noah is a safe driver as well

Photobucket

Eric's girls were very proud that they were strong enough to pick Noah up and carry him small distances. Then it hit me, hey... our 9 and 12 year old still do that! They often mention how they can pick each other up... a friend up... anything... and carry that person around. What is it with kids and proving they can pick things up??

Photobucket

Catch that grin? Such a flirty boy

Photobucket

You don't have to say how much they look alike. I hear it daily from close friends and from complete strangers... I get it.

Photobucket

Eric has a house full of women; I think he enjoyed this. One of my faves...

Photobucket

Me telling Daniel I am thankful for good friends and days I have energy. I'm not looking so great these days. Give me a break. :)

Photobucket

Thankful for such a great family!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. i think you look wonderful.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look absolutely beautiful! :) Hang in there, Cat! Love ya, Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Six Flags was fun back in the day...remember the Fright Nights we went to...good times

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't look great - you look gorgeous!!!! And don't forget that! So nice of Eric and his wife - I'm so glad you guys had some FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete