Friday, May 14, 2010

#6

Treatment could not have gone much worse. I'm sick during them and I'm sick after them. All night I was seeing triple and could barely stand. We seriously thought about calling the center and asking if a hallucinogen had been placed in my concoction.

I could not get warm and the shaking seemed more convulsion-like than chills! It just wasn't pretty. I tried a hot bath but it made me dizzier and sicker. I was in and out of alertness until I finally fell asleep about 8pm. Today the blurred vision is gone thankfully. I'm achy and tired as usual but it's much better than yesterday. Thanks to my sis in law for going to treatment with me. I'm not sure I could have driven home!

The medicines are just building in my system now and I may need to expect this for the duration.

More later when I feel better. Love to all.

7 comments:

  1. Hang in there. You are almost done. Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so sorry it's getting worse. almost done! almost done!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy - I saw that Grace posted on your FB page. She is absolutely right about the Ativan. I had similar problems to what you're describing. Nauseous before/during/after. One of my treatments (can't remember which) was especially heinous with strange hallucinations and weird convulsive time leg twitching. Ativan cured it. I would have them knock me out with 1mg of IV Ativan during treatment so that I didn't have to be conscious for it. I know how miserable and depressing this is. Please know that it will be over soon. And life will be very good again in the not-so-distant future!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 6 down, 2 to go! Keep the Faith and stay strong! Love Ya Bunches! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there, Cat! I can only imagine how difficult that is right now, but keep close the fact that you are almost through! Keep fighting the fight! Love ya, Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish that each one of us could take just a little bit of what you're going through so that you didn't have to endure it all yourself. My heart just hurts for you. I wish there was more that we could do make it better for you. Praying for you everyday! You're such a strong and amazing woman! Love ya, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. KATHY, IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME. SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR ILLNESS, YOU WILL BE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. I CAN TELL YOU HAVE A GREAT ATTITUDE AND A WONDERFUL FUTURE AHEAD OF YOU. EVERYDAY IS A GIFT FROM GOD, THATS WHY WE CALL IT THE PRESENT. TAKE CARE, SHANNON COTTRELL HARMON

    ReplyDelete