Monday, May 17, 2010

Setback

I hate logging in to report bad news and for now I'll keep this brief. I've been experiencing a lot of pain since the last treatment and luckily I called first thing today. I got right up to the cancer center where they promptly had me rush to the hospital. After a day of testing they have found several blood clots up and down my jugular.

I'm still at home and for now will follow a regimen of daily self administered shots in my stomach, Coumadin and pain medication. Daniel is more freaked out that I am; I am just determined to take care of the problem. :)

More later and thank you for the prayers.

6 comments:

  1. oh no! i'm glad they found the problem though :-(

    blood thinners are no fun, but they work! i have three little boys to prove it! i have clotty blood and have to do shots in my stomach for about a year during and after pregnancies.

    BIG HUGS CATHY!!!

    hoping you feel better very soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, just wanted to let you know that I sent out an extra prayer chain request for you within my Sunday School class. You're a fighter and you will beat this evilness!! Sending lots of hugs your way! Let me know if there is anything we can do for you!! Love ya, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you caught that...Let me know if you need anything, you know I am here for you ready to help in any way--Love You

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, girlie. I know you are probably frustrated with this setback, but please keep your head up and keep up the fight! You are so close and victory is right around the corner! I will say some extra special prayers for your today in hopes that the clots are gone very quickly and, more importantly, that the pain you are feeling goes away. Hang in there, my friend! You can do it! Love ya, Steph

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness! You are so strong and courageous I can't even believe it! I am so in admiration of you Cathy! Lord please watch over Cathy and heal her body and bring it back into the strength of her mind and soul. Help keep her family strong and at peace. In your name we pray - Amen.
    C-Mac

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy,
    I know you are going to beat this. You've made it this far and we all know you can do it. Hang in there and know that not a day goes by that one of us isn't praying for you and thinking of you and wishing you well.
    We support you and we think you are most awesome.
    hugs
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete