Tuesday, April 6, 2010

That bitch named chemo

Yes, I used the B word. Chemo is that two-faced friend I keep giving one more try. At some point, (high school, adulthood) haven't most of us had that person in our life that acted one way in front of us, and another behind our back?

That's what chemo is. I want to like her, I really do. She's out there hopefully kicking cancer's tail. But the second I'm not looking that bxxch is smack talking me to everyone she knows. Oh, she may have helped me move into my first apartment. She probably traveled with me to Maui or read a scripture at my wedding. Maybe she bailed me out of jail once, who knows. But watch out, she'll strike when I least expect it.

You're really ticking me off chemotherapy. These gut-wrenching side effects pound me just a little more into the pavement each time. Sure, you have one redeeming quality and since you're hopefully saving my life I will keep you in my address book for a couple more months. Then you're GONE.

More pleasant posts to come when I feel better. :)

10 comments:

  1. Feel better soooooonnnnnnn!!!
    Cara Ridenhour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy, just stopped in here to say hi.
    Shane Ryerson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Hi Shane! It's been forever! Cara, I plan on feeling better soon. I'm more than a week past treatment so let's hope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I was getting concerned that I hadn't seen a post since March 30, BUT then realized that I needed to switch months. I had March bookmarked! LOL! Cat, I am in awe of your spirit every single time I read one of your blogs! You amaze me! AND, Cara said it best "feel better soon!" You hang in there, girlie! We are all here for you. As the saying goes, it isn't the battle so much that it is important. It is whether or not you win the war! I have NO doubt that you WILL win the war! Love ya! Steph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending strength your way!!! Praying for you everyday!! ((HUGS)) Kathy Hartmann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the Stvl girls get to come Saturday and visit with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are still thinking of you everyday. It is good to see some of the posts from old friends from Steelville. Stay strong Eric

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cathy I know it is hard but you are one of the strongest fighters I know. I am holding your hand hopefully giving you a little more strength.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hang in there, kiddo. You are doing a great job. Keep your chin up and call for help when it gets to be too much. Thinking of you often, Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cathy, I was so very sorry to hear about this. You and your family will be in my prayers constantly. You're a Child of the Lord and he will lead you through this!
    Ellen Vaughn

    ReplyDelete