Saturday, April 10, 2010

A blessed day

How wonderful to see old friends today! Kathy and Cara came all the way from St. James and Sullivan, MO for a visit. Our friend Laura and her boys met us for a relaxing lunch outside. We all went to high school together 20+ (we realized today) years ago... if you start the count upon us entering high school!

I'm angry, and I'll tell you why. I was so diligent to get my camera battery charged this weekend. I employed painstaking effort to ensure everything was ready to go when I saw my old friends. Then we all yapped so much I forgot I even had my camera. I didn't snap one darn picture.

You all look wonderful; just like you did years ago! What a treat to hang out today... thank you for the flowers, ready to go meals and today's lunch. :)

It was such a nice day that we headed to the park later in the afternoon.

Kisses for mom

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we had ice cream outside. Not sure what I was thinking. Next time... vanilla.

Photobucket

Photobucket

What a blessed day!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. What do you mean Vanilla??? CHOCOLATE ALL THE WAY!!!
    Love Ya, Sarah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that I missed it! Next time, I promise!! :) Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so awesome--glad they came and you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was sooo good to see you and your kids are sooo well behaved. You should be very proud to have such a fabulous lil boy and two fabulous girls and I know you are but as moms it's always great to hear it once in a while!! You are so amazing Cathy!! I don't know how you stay so strong!! You are one heck of a woman!! If I could only be half as much as you!! LOVE YA!! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you guys had a good time! It is great to read that you are feeling okay! I hope to see you again soon.. and about that pig.. I am looking for a big one! Love Ya! FAITH

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just have to say, this girl is WONDER WOMAN!!! To do what she is doing on a daily basis, with Cancer is just unbelievable! I would not have known anything was wrong Cathy on that Saturday - you were so vibrant and vivacious! And I have to 2nd Kathy's comments on your kids - LOVE them!! Would be happy to have them anytime - wish I was closer!!! Hope to see you again soon!
    Cara

    ReplyDelete