Thursday, March 11, 2010

This is what CANCER looks like :)

First, a picture of my beautiful nurses. There is such thing as chemo brain, just like pregnancy brain so I hope they forgive me if I get their names wrong but starting at the left it should be Mary, Katie and Luci. I hope I spelled them right, and got them right at all. Luci had cancer herself and was treated in the same facility.

I would take a picture of the treatment room but that would violate ALLLLL kinds of HIPAA guidelines. :)

Photobucket

And the cancer center- it's just a building attached to regular doctor's offices. I like that I don't have to go to a big scary hospital every time!

Photobucket

Now the full body shot...cancer is YELLOW! Sorry for the glare, it came out that way no matter what I tried.

Photobucket

Don't worry, yellow in the brain and groin area is normal. I about FREAKED when my entire brain and groin area were the same color as my neck and chest areas. But, you should be able to see the cancer on both sides of the neck, and the spreading into the chest.

You can even see that MY left is more cancerous- hence the lump found by my massage therapist. You may need to tilt the computer screen just right to see it correctly- I did.

I'm leaving this picture large so you can see the detail. Largest area of cancer is again my left side- lymph nodes.

Photobucket

Again, left large to show detail:

Photobucket

So there you have it. Hopefully when treatment is over- what seems like forever away right now- we'll have some 'comparison' pictures that I can post of before and after!

3 comments:

  1. What great advances they have now--so thankful for that so you get the best care ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your after photos and see the perfect cancer-free body shots!!! :) Your nurses do look just lovely!!
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing so much! we're all rooting for you and excited to see the clean 'after' shots!!!

    ReplyDelete