Saturday, March 13, 2010

Randomness

Hello,

It's the weekend after treatment so I don't have much to say. I'm fighting off nausea, fever and tongue/throat/jaw burning. I've begun to realize that water can cure just about everything! :) I'm trying to avoid that horrible flaming sensation in my mouth again after this treatment but it's lurking. I constantly have water in my hand because I have myself convinced that the more I drink, the faster the drugs swirl through my system, get the job done and get the heck out of there.

T-shirt from my friend Emily:

Photobucket

Since nobody can tell me how I got this stinkin' disease, I've taken to blaming random things around my house. This week I took a good, long look at that Veet in my bathroom I used to use on my legs. Maybe it's the culprit.

Then I dug through my pantry and checked all the ingredients on those water flavoring packs made by Wylers and Crystal Light. I drink the tar out of those things. Maybe that's what did me in!

Ahhh...who will ever really know. Life is full of unanswered questions, huh? Hodgkin's is a pretty rare form of cancer, striking about 1 in 25,000. If I keep this up I'll be picking apart my closet, medicine cabinet, pantry and fridge for quite a while.

Have a good weekend everyone. :)

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I hope you rest well this weekend and are able to hopefully ward off the mouth sores. You have so much strength it is amazing.
    praying for you daily Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't drink too much water, I mean a lot,lot, lot...My Uncle James drank so much while building their vacation cottage in Steelville that he lost electrolytes and had to go to the emergency room. Also Tonya Davis told me the other day on FB that she had this cancer too...and had 3 cases of it over the years and that was around 10 yrs ago...she is good now, she says...Yeah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you contstantly!! Love Ya! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shirt.....thinking about you and praying for you and your family every single day! Hang in there, girl! HUGS to you, my dear!!!! Stephanie

    ReplyDelete