Thursday, March 11, 2010

Chemo Thursday

Hello,

Today's session went fine and was a bit shorter at 2.5 hours. During the first session there were delays in administering a few medicines to ensure I didn't have a reaction. Today I got them all one after the other.

The nurses are wonderful (I have to say that because they now have this address!) I asked for my file so I could get some cool pictures for you all. I have some pictures of my PET scan although most of them came out with a glare. I've been sleeping since I returned home around 1pm and it's now 8:30pm.

The drugs are swirling and whirling around in my system and I've just about stopped peeing red from the Adriamycin, I believe. It looks like red kool-aid being shot into me. I'm a little loopy and just need rest. I hope to bounce back tomorrow and feel good for a day or two before I really get smacked in the face again. I'd like to get the girls out to a local parade this weekend so cross your fingers!

Trying to eat and keep liquids down. I hope to post the pictures tomorrow. Thank you all so much for the kind words and support. I wouldn't write this blog if I got no feedback because it would feel like it was going out to la la land. :)

2 comments:

  1. Cathy,
    I'm glad that your treatment took less time today. Take care of yourself and get all the rest you can before it hits you. Thinking and praying for you and your family. I hope you feel like getting out this weekend for the St. Pats parade. I read your blog every day and I'm grateful for the updates.
    Love you,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am reading it! I'm glad that today went "well"! I hope you can bounce back for the weekend too! I'd come see you, but I'm getting rid of a nasty cold. Hopefully next Sat - the 20th works??
    Cara

    ReplyDelete