Friday, March 5, 2010

She's a Brick.........HOWse...!!

My butt planted on the couch each evening and during nap time? Not a good look. That's how I've felt all week.

Have you seen the new Jenny Craig commercial with Valerie B. lugging around bags of..who knows what, something... to represent the extra fat she's lost? That's how I feel. No, I don't feel fat. Although the water retention and bags and bags of fluid they pump into me seem to hang around for days and that can't help anyone's body image. No, I feel weighed down. When I saw that commercial I thought- that's it. I feel like I'm carrying 40+ pounds of bricks on my back at all times. I just can't shake it.

Last night loading dishes in the dishwasher about had me breaking a sweat. I got frustrated, and have never been a violent person but for a split second I wanted to smash a casserole dish against a wall. But------ my God reminded me He is stronger. Stronger than me, and stronger than this cancer. I gently placed the dish in it's rightful spot.

I'm hoping this is just my body reacting to the first treatment (that was now over a week ago.) Maybe I'll acclimate and handle it differently next time. Some people feel worse as time goes on, but I have read of people that had the hardest time with the first few treatments.

Enough for now- I hope you all are doing well. I decided to post an 'old' photo for what many bloggers refer to as Flashback Friday! Some of you have seen these but I like them.

This is our attempt at home made 3d glasses for the girls during the Miley Cyrus 3d concert on TV a couple years ago. Don't try this at home. It did not work:

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment