Saturday, March 6, 2010

Hair everywhere

After my last one or two DOWNER posts I wanted to log on for a moment to post some good news.

I feel GREAT today! I feel almost normal, and just in time for the beautiful weather this weekend.

My friend Gwyn mentioned on facebook (I'm surprised my spell checker doesn't recognize that word with the site being such a sensation nowadays) that she was heading down to the Moolah Shrine Circus parade today so I wrote her and said "I'm coming with you!"

We took the kids and had a great time watching the (fake) animals, shriner cars and floats in the parade. We grabbed lunch out and our toddlers got to know each other better. What a cutie little RJ is!

I returned home about 3pm to find a package from Gwyn in my mailbox. Had we known we were getting together this weekend she could have saved the $3.09 in shipping, huh? She sent me some gift cards, a cute petite sized (yet somehow fancy) word search book and a book of useless information (I'm not being rude, that's the title of the book) that I can take to chemo to pass the time. Somehow, it felt like Christmas opening that pretty flowered package!

Thanks so much Gwyn.

Guess what else I got in the mail today? HAIR SWATCHES!!! Yep- nothing like opening your mailbox to find a Ziploc bag full of hair. I ordered a 'color ring' from a wig company I've decided I like (see #5 in the wig pictures..although many of you contacted me privately this one definitely got the most votes.) Anyway, I now have in my possession every single color they sell and I'm very excited about making a selection this evening. Never did I think my idea of a hot Saturday night would be picking out the shade of my new wig. When you send the color ring back they refund your money or apply it toward the wig purchase.

Photobucket

You may not be able to tell but there are well over 100 colors on this ring. Everything from Java Frost to Vanilla Lush and Creamy Toffee. Starbucks run, anyone?

What about the nice ladies at the wig shop down the street that told me not to put my head in the oven, you ask? Those stinkers spent over an hour with me trying on different looks. They were so gracious and helpful and I'm very thankful for their assistance. But, let's cut the bull here. Their wigs are almost double the price for the same, exact company, style, make, brand and size you can buy online. I'm not going to pay $350 for the same wig (identical..same brand name) I found online for $168. I've been torn for weeks on this because I want to support this small business and I want to thank those ladies for helping me make a decision. So, I compromised when my sister in law was in town last weekend and we paid the nice ladies a visit. We chatted some more about new head wraps and scarves they received recently. Then- I purchased a wig 'starter' kit there complete with a mannequin (so the wig holds its shape) wip shampoo, wig conditioner and a special wig brush. This all cost $40. So, I feel good about buying something from them (that I STILL could have gotten online for half the price.) I just can't give them my $350, I'm sorry ladies.

For no real reason, here is a pic of our kids and all the Kendrick cousins- in one place, at one time. Such a rarity! Noah and Izzy (far right) look more and more alike all the time. Have a great weekend everyone. :)

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Cathy! :) You are the nicest person, why not send something in the mail to lift spirits? You are so worth the $3 postage too by the way. I am so happy we were finally able to catch up and have a fun day with the kids! You know I will be there for all of you when I can! I cant wait to hear which swatches you picked out too! Loving the blog girl, what a fabulous writer you are! I think it's time to start calling publishing companies...;) Many hugs and prayers...G

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we have a Snow White wig in the dress up box. Let me know if you are interested. I have to little gals that will give you one heck of a make over. I know I have had one or ten. Stay strong Eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew there was such a thing as a wig started kit. I think it's awesomne that you are taking the time to educate everyone on your blog! Think about the positives of a wig. you never have to take a lot of time to fix your hair!! Sometimes I think that'd be so great to throw something on and go! Love you!!! Susie Rocks!!

    ReplyDelete