Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Big thank you

Big thank you to everyone for all the gift cards and nice letters I'm getting in the mail!

Big hugs and thank you to my brother and sister-in-law for visiting today and bringing me tons of yummy meals for the family. We will eat them up. The cake from the Amish community was sliced into before you were out of my driveway. I stopped for one moment and thought- I should wait until everyone is home. I realize cancer drastically impacts the entire family but for one split second I let myself say:

"You know what? I'm feeling like crap. I've got this disease in my body and I'm working hard to attack it. I deserve a piece of cake." So I ate it and it was good.

Thanks again.

Today? Hiccups. The severe, weird hiccups that come through your back and make you feel like your eyes may just pop out. No fun- but this too shall pass.

Going to rest a bit- just wanted to put out a quick thank you. :)

2 comments:

  1. Cathy! I am hooked on your blog!! I can actually hear your voice in your comments . . . and sarcasm :) . . . and every time I read your posts, I remember how strong and amazing you are. I only wish the cancer would have realized that before it decided it pick on you -- it would have steered clear! :) I think you've found a new calling with your writing - I'll be waiting for your first book to come out in the near future! Oh, and I love the idea of the hog roast in Steelville!!

    ReplyDelete