Monday, March 15, 2010

Noah turns 2 today!

The little boy is officially two years old. I've been sad that I can't celebrate with him right now. We got a cake and balloons (his present is Yo Gabba Gabba Live next weekend when I'll hopefully feel better) and meant to throw a small 'party' last night when we still had the girls- but it just didn't happen.

The mouth pain is enormous and I called and headed up to the cancer center yet another Monday following chemotherapy. They took another look and I have sores, bleeding, thrush and rawness from my tongue, gums and jaws back to my throat. The medicine they put me on two weeks ago must have done nothing.

I told them, again, that I can't eat or drink like this- much less sleep at night with the pain. They took me off the pill I'm on and prescribed Nystatin. I have to swish and gargle as long as humanly possible, then I swallow the junk.

The lidocaine they had me on earlier only lasts for 20 minutes; just enough time to force down a meal. It isn't meant to correct the problem or get to the root of the issue. The Diflucan I've been on for two weeks simply did not work so we're now worse off than we were two weeks ago.

Hopefully I have the right script now, and it will do its job. More positive posts to come, I promise. :) Looking forward to the 'good' days returning, hopefully right around the corner!

7 comments:

  1. i hope you feel better soon. so sorry you're going through this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks April- they said next time they'll start my treatment with some preventative medication. I hope that ends this. Another possibility is that I'm having an allergic reaction to one of the meds. We'll see. :) Thanks for the notes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Noah!! Hang in there Cathy!! Hopefully they will get you straightened out soon! Keep the faith! Thinking about you always, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday little Noah!!! Many more wonderful years to come with your Mamma!! See you soon Cathy - IF you are up for it.
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I hope you're feeling a lot better soon!! Karen K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Noah! Sorry it is a little late. Little boys or so cool. NO Barbi dolls or Hanna Montana. Stay strong Cathy. Miss you Eric

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy, Keep on sharing the bad with the good. It is good for you to talk about what you are feeling and for us understand.
    Noah I hope you had a great Birthday!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete