Sunday, March 7, 2010

Compilation of thanks

I chose to title this blog with how thankful I supposedly am, but I've neglected to mention my thankfulness since. So, here's a compilation of thanks:

I'm thankful that:

My puggle loves me whether I have hair or not! By the way, I still do.

After a few gruesome days I thought would never end, I started feeling better again. Even the worst 'crisis' is temporary. It has a beginning and it always has an end.

I can still sleep on my right side comfortably even if the port prevents me from lying on my stomach or left. I'm truly thankful I'm sleeping well at all because some don't!

For friends and family. Goes without saying.

I don't have to spend any more money on flavored sparkling bottled water now that I've bought a 40 pack from Costco and know how terrible it is. I'll stay hydrated on regular water, thank you.

Modern medicine and research. Without it my story would end very differently! Pick a cause, go out and SUPPORT it! :)

My friend Colleen is coming over Monday night with one of my favorite pizzas!

My son is too young to remember this time in our lives. The recurrent check ups, scans and screenings will continue throughout my life, but if we can get this right the first time he won't remember the effects of chemo and radiation. I realize they have to rid me of this right now but I have faith it will get done. After that- Relapse? Not in my vocabulary.

Our girls are old enough to understand this without being too scared.

My compassionate husband offered to shave his head when I lose my hair. I told my sister- I took him up on it until I realized- Wait a minute, I'll be the one looking at him all the time. I politely replied, "No, thank you. Nice gesture though."

My mom is still alive to tell me it may get harder before it gets better, but everything will be ok.

All of you for your comments and support!!!

That's all I've got for now. I'll try to post more 'thanks' as I think of them. I don't want to be one of those people that acts thankful but really uses it as an opportunity to complain- so the above statements truly are things I'm thankful for. I left a few 'iffy' ones out. :)

Oncologist appointment Monday morning and chemo on Thursday! I'm ready to tackle the week!

3 comments:

  1. Hey you Cocoa Puff,
    I just want you to know I love you and am praying for you. I want everyone to know how thankful I am to have you! You are stronger than I could ever hope to be and God has awesome plans for you! Thank you for being the major influence in my life when I needed it the most! Talk to ya soon! ( I sent you an email)

    Love, Sarah
    AKA: Froot Loop

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make me feel better after reading your blog. Stay strong Eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kick that cancers a** C! You are such a trooper! (((hugs))) praying for you!
    Gwyn

    ReplyDelete