Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Awake

Not much sleeping going on right now. My husband is trying to help out around the house more, but sometimes he picks a midnight to 2am time slot to do all the shuffling around. Add to that, reflecting back to the Target post, that the generic Breathe Right strips were not worth the money. Hence- I'm awake.

My throat and jaw felt a little better during the day today...yesterday...whatever day it is. I used the mouthwash and it helped some but you have to hit the sore areas just right in an allotted amount of time before this thick stuff just congeals on your tongue, scarring your taste buds for what seems like forever. I feel like a contortionist but I still haven't gotten the process down just right.

I did go up to the cancer center to get checked out (wasn't this supposed to be my off week I was looking so forward to?) They see the beginnings of thrush so I got another prescription to add to my collection. They were very happy I came in before it overtakes my mouth or causes mouth sores. I now have pills for thrush, and three different mouthwashes to use and alternate throughout the day to stave off infections. I can't even use Scope regularly so I'm not sure how all this is going to work out.

There's a financial lady at the center that always tracks me down to talk, and I saw her today. I've tried hiding from her multiple times, but have you seen an IV pole lately? I can't fit behind those things. There's nowhere to go and she always corners me. The good news is her entire job is to help patients find programs and hidden money. Today she told me about a supermarket (of sorts) for cancer patients where you go and pick out food for free. It's in the city, but many people use it and rave about it. She also had me sign three or four papers and said I'd be getting a check for $150 soon. I don't know why, or even who... or what organization is sending it. For all I know I threw it out with the junk mail.

I realize I usually wear one of my trademark track suits up for chemo and some appointments, but I began to wonder if I had POOR stamped across my head or something. Today I realized she just does this for everyone. What a nice lady.

Ok I'm going to try to rest now. I hope everyone makes it a great Wednesday-

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment