Sunday, February 21, 2010

I should ask Cher where she gets her hair

This weekend my good friends Lee and Diane took me for a haircut and wig shopping. Who wants to wake up each morning to 8+ inches of hair on your pillow? Not me! So, I got about 5 inches off and it now lands just below my ear. It's a pretty short do but is still 'tuckable' which is important to me!

I'll post a few pics and if you run across this blog you can vote for your favorite. Your opinions are welcome, but we're pretty determined the following looks best:

#1
Photobucket

No, I'm not on crack. We hate this one. The following are viable options, however:

#2
Photobucket

and this one:

#3
Photobucket

this is one of our faves:

#4
Photobucket

and this is probably the one I'll get- for a mere $350...ughh

#5
Photobucket

Photobucket

Highlights that don't need touched up every 6 weeks? No roots? Sign me up!

I tried my hand as a blonde. It didn't work. I have many, many more pics of styles that I will not subject you to. Redhead? Maybe. At the end of the day I think I'm a brunette for a reason. But, I do not want to drop several hundred dollars for a hairstyle I currently have, and can grow back in the next couple of years. Stubborn? Very likely.

We had a ton of fun. Every lady in the store sports a wig for various reasons. We about laughed our butts off when my assistant said "Cathy honey, whatever you do- don't stick your head in the oven." Ummm, what? I mean I know it's cancer but it should be treatable and I'm not taking any drastic action lady.

She was referring to exposing the wig to heat. Even the steam from freshly cooked spaghetti can ruin a wig. Once they frizz, I'm told there is no going back. So either I cook much less than I do now, or I sport a doo-rag in the kitchen.

I have so much hair I may not even lose it all, which I was told is a problem with most wigs. They need a buzz cut or bald head to cling to and not get the 'puffy scalp' look like we did while trying them on. Who knows- but it's nice to know I have options!! Blond might have been fun, but I guess I should stick to what I know.

10 comments:

  1. Ya--#5 is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree- #5 looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree number 5 is the one!!! Jolie is the name. Funny that each of the Cranial prosthetics had a name! Cathy it was a blast this weekend! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think 3 and then 4 are my favorites in that order. The blonde look is definately not you. I had to do a double take and I was hoping that was not the one you picked. I laughed out loud when you said "i'm not on crack" your so crazy. I'm glad you had fun with your friends at the wig shop.

    I will write more in a little bit. Love ya woman!!!!

    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are sooo cute! I love the blonde! but even the short/long bob with dark (3rd to the last photo-with bangs!!) thats really cute on you!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cat...when my mom lost her hair due to chemo, she alternated between a blonde wig, a brown wig, and several different hats! It was an inside funny when we went to see her, you never knew what you were going to see! My kids loved to try to guess! I, on the other hand, appreciated the inspiration and beauty in a bald head like never before! :) Hang in there! Steph

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree - it looks amazing! And you looked like you were having a blast as you were shopping! (BTW - I can TOTALLY see and hear you telling the doctors that you're going to FB friend them. Ha.) - Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone at Marshall thinks this wig is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So proud of you Cat! Stay strong & positive. A positive attitude will help you stay srong & your great sense of humor keeps the rest of us all smiling. ;-)Someone that can write as well as you with the ability to make your readers cry & laugh all with one sentence, should definately write a book. Will keep you & your family in my prayers...keep smilin'! Love ya! Mandi

    ReplyDelete