Monday, February 22, 2010

Free stuff rocks

Today was a so so day. I had an appointment for the MUGA testing and thought I was getting my port placed in my chest. Come to find out the port appointment was a $50 three minute 'consultation' about the procedure. I had to make another appointment for the surgery tomorrow from 6am to roughly noon.

The fun part was going to the Cancer Information Center inside the hospital. I was told they give cancer patients a free wig, and that they did. It's a very small little closet of a space, but the lady walked me around and showed me what they had. I was trying to be polite, but every wig was exactly the same old lady (no offense) short curly style just in different colors. It was horrible. Then I took a look at the window displays and saw a blondish wig with a built in headband. I tried it on and it fits perfectly!

Remember the Carol Channing wig Julia Roberts donned in the beginning of Pretty Woman? It's sort of like that, but shoulder length and not as platinum blond. I love it!

It will only be my back up wig, but it will be a nice change. I get to do blond after all!

Ellen at the shop was so stinking nice. I just waltzed in there and got a wig and two hats for free. I said "how do you know I'm not off the street, just scooping up your merchandise?" She replied "cancer is hard enough without worrying about how you look. We provide this service to help people like you!" I wrote a check for a sizable donation (according to me) before I left.

Here are pics of the new blond me. I know the blond is silly but I WILL wear it at least occasionally. What fun is it to lose the hairs on your head and go buy the exact same color and style?

If you have thoughts on the pics, post a reply so I don't think you're reading this blog just to stalk me. Thanks-

Photobucket

Several different shades of blond with some dark streaks thrown in that you really can't see. I would not hold my son looking like a hooker:

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE! Sofia won't recognize that cute blonde! - Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look cute. I like this one better than the one you tried on in the wig shop.

    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! Now you can find out if blonds do have more fun!! lol! You look marvelous darling!! Love ya, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading this blog just to stalk you, but I happen to think the wig looks good too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy,
    I just thought I would take up stalking, but on a positive note. I love number 5! Let me know if I can do anything. You know you have friends here in Steelvilee that could have a fund raiser or a hog roast or something to benefit you! Let me know! I love you! faith

    ReplyDelete