Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Surprises

Hello,

One day I looked in the mirror and my snow white head suddenly looked darker. My hair is growing back! Little short sprouts of hair now cover the top of my head and my eyebrows are the same... a mix of short, dark baby hairs. It looks hilarious. I was never totally bald because once I started getting the Tales from the Crypt look...(you remember, that spooky guy with long whispies of hair coming out of his ugly bald head) I couldn't handle it anymore and I cut it all off but never shaved it. Razor burn on my head? No thank you. So, I've had some dark thin hairs for a while, especially above my ears. But out of nowhere my head is suddenly covered. Strange..but not uncommon...considering I still have one chemo left. Yay for hair!

I'm trying to get outdoors with the kids as much as possible when it's not blazing hot. Once I start radiation skin irritation can be a big problem and they've told me I can't get in the sun. How does one do that in... July? I hope to get a break between chemo and radiation; I guess I'll ask about that tomorrow.

Thanks so much to Robyn for the lovely card, gift card and necklace with Noah's name on it! I tried to post a picture but it just wouldn't come out right. I love it!

Thanks to all for so many kind words and prayers. Tonight I'll bake some brownies to take to my chemo nurses (and fellow patients) tomorrow on my last official treatment. Love to all-

Cathy

2 comments:

  1. Woooooooooo Hoooooooooooooo!!! LAST ONE LAST ONE LAST ONE!!! How exciting!! Congrats!! Good Luck!! Hope it goes well today!! Love ya, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you today on your last day of chemo!! So glad that you will be finished, and I hope it all goes well!! :)

    - Margaret (wte mostervold)

    ReplyDelete