Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Treatment #3

Treatment #3 was Monday, March 29th. All went just fine, now I'm just getting as much 'life' in as possible in case some old (or new) side effects hit in coming days.

My mouth is already tingling so I started the Nystatin. Maybe I can buy myself a couple more 'ok to good' days if I treat the mouth sores early. My oncologist and chemo nurses had opposing opinions on this so I'm going with the chemo nurses since I like their opinion better.

Thank you to the group of 'Steelville 1992' girls that had presents delivered to me during chemo! What a nice surprise. I've already used the fuzzy socks, magazine and pillow scent. The hard candy came in very handy during treatment! Without it, it feels as if I'm chewing on metal for 2.5 hours. Today I made a simple P B & J sandwich and it tasted like I was noshing on my TV remote.

A friend took this picture, and by the way it was taken after treatment #1 before any hair said goodbye. My doctor and nurses were surprised at the amount of hair I still have though- and even said I may not lose much more. It is all fried and dead, mind you.

Here's hoping I feel good for days to come, and to eventually regaining my taste buds! :)


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Perfect picture.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I'm doing this right (first time responding to a blog! Lol) I wanted to let you know I was thinking of you and hope treatment 3 didn't leave you feeling as bad as before. Hang in there and let me know if I can help! Love the pic of you and Noah.... So sweet. And the Branson pics are great too. Love those old fashioned pics. Make sure those pink quakers stay at YOUR house. Lol. Stay strong......love ya Cathy. ~ Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. that picture is lovely! glad you had a nice trip with the family and i sure hope you're able to keep the mouth sores at bay. i think of you often. xo april

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that you can eat the icecream...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! Keep your spirits up. You are in my thoughts and prayers, I know you are a survivor. ~Bobbi

    ReplyDelete