Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The fertility issue

I won't go into a ton of detail on this, but I will say that Daniel and I were planning on having one more child, and having that child soon. Chemotherapy can severely jack with a woman's reproductive organs and in previous days I've been more upset about this than I am the cancer. I didn't expect to be possibly thrown into an early menopause at barely 36 when we were still building our family. If we had a crystal ball we would have simply began trying last year.

There are steps one can take before treatment begins and we're looking into them. They can be costly and time consuming and time is not something we have a lot of right now. If we are blessed with just the girls and Noah we will certainly be just fine. It's right where it needs to be, in God's hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment