Saturday, October 16, 2010

Scanxiety

Full blown scanxiety has set in this weekend. I don't mind being poked, prodded, pinched and put through all the testing again- but having to wait for the results is going to be excruciating.

I know the odds are on my side that it is still gone. 3 out of 4 people stay in remission for 5+ years (That's the definition of a 'survivor' by the way- the 5 year mark. Meaning, a person can stay clean for 5 years, relapse in the 6th year but still be considered a survivor in the statistics. Not good.)

3 out of 4 people. So I'm staying as positive as possible and then I picture 3 people standing in a row with me- and one of is uh.... doesn't make it??

A friend recently directed my attention to an 'inspirational' blog of a man that battled Hodgkin's 4 times in a 10 year time frame. He's written a book on his experience. Glancing through the blog I suddenly realized his wife had JUST updated it to reflect this man's passing and memorial dates/times. The blog is still titled 'this time's the charm.' Ugghhh.

My friend did not realize his wife had updated the site with this information, and she apologized profusely when I asked her how this was inspirational???? It was a rough couple of days.

The odds are on my side. Odds are on my side. God is on my side. God is on my side.

Prayers welcome this week!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Cathy! Love Ya! Lots of Prayers going UP for you!!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always thinking of you. Eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there, girlie. You are correct. GOD is on your side. AND, there are a lot of people out there putting a good word in for you to HIM. ;) We got your back! ;) Love ya, Steph

    ReplyDelete