Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A semi-positive note

The thrush still looks horrible, but it feels a bit better than it did. Today I had a sandwich and milk! I will try eating something for dinner shortly.

To all the well-intentioned people advising me to eat yogurt because it interacts with and chases away thrush- I hate yogurt. I know you mean well but back up off me people. :) I hate yogurt almost as much as I hate frogs. I hate the sour smell and the slimy texture. I feed it to my son and I practically have to hold my nose. So thanks, but no thanks. I'll keep downing the Ny-asty.

Tuesday held some severe body and bone aching. This was new to me. It's like I get a whole new set of side effects after each treatment. The aching continued through today but has calmed down in the last hour. I know some men read the blog so I don't want to freak anyone out (stop here men) but it feels like my insides from my belly button down are being yanked right out. It's painful. I'm sure it's normal but I guess I'll make a call tomorrow to find out.

Did you know during my only pregnancy I didn't call my doctor once with questions or concerns? At about the six month mark he got my husband aside and asked if I was shy (not) because he hadn't seen a first time mother without any questions. So, I feel like I'm banging down this cancer center's door with complaints but they harp on me to do just that. When the pain hits a certain level, yes- I call.

One thing I'm happy about through this time is that if anything, this has caused several of my friends and family members to schedule doctor appointments that they otherwise wouldn't have. One friend was impressed with my primary physician and met with him herself! My sister in law hadn't been feeling well for a while and met with her doctor. I'm not sure I influenced her, but for one reason or another she made an appointment. After testing she was told she has Stage II cervical cancer; it has spread from the initial site. She is 25 years old. Her surgeries, hysterectomy and treatment begin soon. Daniel currently has a wife and sister with cancer.

Next week is spring break and we planned on heading to Branson for a weekend. We canceled the trip, unable to predict how I would feel. As I sit and type this- I'm reconsidering. We desperately need a break. The trip conflicts with my treatment but I know they can move chemo a few days for these situations. If I miss next Thursday I should actually feel good for the trip that weekend. I may just include that discussion in my call tomorrow.

Noah says hello!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I have a general physical friday at 10am that I scheduled a month ago because of all this...thats crazy, I can't believe she found that out-I will pray for her as well. On a lighter note... F-R-O-"Gees"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there woman! I think about u daily. Noah looks so cute with blue hair maybe thats the color you should go for! Still looking for that pig to roast.. or maybe we can go snype hunting..something to make you break away from all the stress! love ya! faith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about the frogs. If anybody does not know the girl hates frogs, not just alittle. It is a crazy kind of hate that I can not explain. I love the blue hair Noah. Stay Strong Eric

    ReplyDelete