Wednesday, February 17, 2010

From my friend Kathryn

When I told my friend Kathryn about the diagnosis, I was amused by her response. She sent me the following:

Cathy,

Right after I got your initial message about all this, as I was processing and everything, I found myself wanting to argue with your cancer and say, um, excuse me, but my friend here is young, doesn't smoke, and otherwise takes pretty damn good care of herself, so clearly you have taken a wrong turn somewhere. I'm sure you didn't mean to, and if you'll just kindly turn around and go back to wherever the hell you came from, then no hard feelings, and we'll all just forget this ever happened.

I agree Kathryn! I promise I'll do my best to get this stupid cancer to not only go back from where it came, but run there screaming in terror. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment